In this installment of our never ending quest for the perfect Evo downpipe we have utilized the most compact wastegate technology currently available with the ultra-compact CompGate 40 from Turbosmart. If you're having issues with boost control and/or exhaust back pressure is overpowering the spring in your wastegate actuator preventing you from running higher boost levels this product is the answer! We recommend running this external wastegate setup in conjunction with your factory internal wastegate for the best of both worlds in regards to spool characteristics, boost control and boost capabilities. Simply "T" the vacuum line from your boost controller to supply both wastegates, no additional modification necessary!
"(MAP's) O2/Tial dump was the perfect combination for putting our Wilson Manifolds Evo IX into the 9's. It worked perfectly in every respect. It's only a matter of time until others begin to use this combination of winning parts." - 9sec9 on EvoM
Features / Benefits
- Integrated O2 sensor housing reduces exhaust restrictions.
- Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance.
- Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes exhaust flow.
- Stainless steel flex section reduces stress from engine movement increasing longevity.
- Turbosmart CompGate 40 waste gate for improved boost control and higher boost capabilities.
- Fits all Evolution 8 & 9 including those equipped with an Active Center Differential (ACD).
- Includes all necessary gaskets and hardware including spacers to clear the factory crossmember.
- 100% Made in the USA.
- Wastegate: We can include a Turbosmart CompGate 40 with your O2 eliminator for just $250. We use the 7psi spring pressure for many applications, but for higher boost applications, the Compgate40 is available with a 14psi spring! (call for pricing)
- External wastegate dump: This is the absolute best option in regards to performance as the wastegate gases never reenter the exhaust system. Please note that under full boost the exhaust will be considerably louder. This option is intended for off road use only as venting exhaust gases prior to a catalytic converter is illegal in most states.
- Recirculated wastegate dump (Pictured): Standard O2 housing configurations recirculate the wastegate gases just inches away from the turbine outlet resulting in turbulence and decreased performance. Our unit recirculates the wastegate gases as far away from the turbine outlet as possible to provide you with the best possible performance without the additional noise from the external dump.
- Test Pipe / High Flow Catalyst: Further increase exhaust flow by adding either a test pipe or high flow catalyst to your purchase. Please note this is a separate component.
Flange Options (standard flange included, call for pricing w/ Contour flange)
We offer this product with your choice of turbine outlet flange, standard or 3D contoured. The standard flange has been performing flawlessly for the majority of our customers since this product's inception in 2009, but there have been a handful of customers that experienced boost creep when trying to run lower boost levels (less than 25psi) with upgraded turbochargers. In general if you are swapping out your existing o2 housing for this upgraded unit and plan to run 25+ psi you shouldn't have an issue with the standard flange. If, however, you just performed a significant upgrade (complete engine build, turbocharger upgrade, etc.) and would prefer to begin the tuning process below 25psi or if you ultimately plan to run less than 25psi we recommend the 3D contoured option to ensure you have complete boost control.
||3D Contoured Flange|
At Modern Automotive Performance we strive to offer only the highest quality products and stand behind our work. All MAP brand products will include a one year warranty from the date of purchase. In the event of a failure from a manufacturing defect we will either repair or replace the product at no cost.
EvolutionM.net ~ Review: MAP downpipe
This product is intended for off road use only. As sound level and emissions laws vary based on location please consult your local authorities for additional information.
Why Choose MAP Products?
If you are looking for some of the best fabrication solutions, or products for your vehicle, Modern Automotive Performance has what you're looking for. Our in house fabricators have over 15 years of experience in the import and fabrication industry, and have made everything from simple brackets, to mass produced products, to all out one-off turbo systems, and utilize only the highest quality of materials, tooling, consumables, and processes to bring our customers the best fabricated products and services available at industry fair prices. Whether you're looking to have a blow off valve flange welded and installed, purchase one of the products in our ever expanding MAP product line, build a fully prepped race car, or anything in between, we have what you're looking for. Whether you have a lightly modded daily driver, a weekend warrior, or a tube chassis race car, the fabricators and staff at MAPerformance will turn your dreams and ideas, into the products and power that no one else can deliver.Please be aware is it very important to select the correct block option below so we can properly build your downpipe to fit.